I have worked as an authorized professional music therapist for more than 20 years. I have a long working experience in a multi-professional work environment for rehabilitation of children, young people, young adults and special groups.
I have completed an extensive music therapist degree in the University of Jyväskylä. The degree corresponds to a special level of psychotherapy training. In addition I have couseling training completed in the university.
My clients mainly include children and adolescents suffering from depression, neurological and psychological problems or learning and attention disorder. My clients also include people with autism, dysphasia, developmental delays and extensive developmental disorders.
All my therapy activities comply with KELA (the Social Insurance Institution of Finland) standards.
- Authorized, broad-based music therapist, University of Jyväskylä
- Authorized counselor, University of Jyväskylä
- Authorized psychotherapist, National Supervisory Authority for Welfare and Health
- Instrument studies, Conservatory of Central Finland and Helsinki Conservatory of Music
- Additional studies at the University of Jyväskylä and Sibelius Academy
Work Experience as psychotherapist and music therapist
- Producer of Kela Rehabilitation Services
- Private music therapist, counselor
- City of Helsinki, music therapist, counselor
- Lapland Hospital District/Lapland Central Hospital, music therapist, counselor
- Länsi-Pohja Healthcare District, music therapist, counselor
- Rovaniemi Health Center
- Kemi Health Center
- Tornio Health Center
- Family Counseling Centers
Work experience in teaching and education
- Music teacher at the Music College of Lapland, Civic Colleges, Elementary Schools and High Schools. Trainer and lecturer at the University of Applied Sciences.
- Music therapy courses
- Communication Education
- Psychotherapy Training
- Music Production Training